Ringfencing and the EU Bank Recovery & Resolution Directive
1-DAY COURSE ON RINGFENCING AND THE EU BANK RECOVERY & RESOLUTION DIRECTIVE
Bank customers who need to navigate through the new environment and bank executives charged with structuring and delivering propositions into it
- The official diagnosis of the 2008 financial crisis
- UK response – Financial Services Banking Reform Act and Ringfencing
- What Ringfencing means for the five largest UK banks
- What goes into the Ringfenced Bank
- What goes into the Non-Ringfenced Bank
- What goes into the ServiceCo
- Balance sheets of the three entities, applicability of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and safety of customer deposits
- EU response to the crisis – the Bank Recovery & Resolution Directive and the establishment of the Single Supervisory Body
- What is a “bail-in”?
- First test case: Banco Popular Espanol, and the 51 lawsuits that have been filed against the European authorities
- Wide scope
- Headline issues addressed in condensed form
- Major challenges to accepted thinking
Price and Condensed Agenda:
The cost of this course delivered in-house is £2,000 plus expenses, plus VAT if applicable.
Please refer to our Standard Terms and Conditions.
Click here to download the condensed agenda for this course: Download here
Go back to Banking Regulation