Basel III Capital & Leverage
1-DAY COURSE ON BASEL III CAPITAL & LEVERAGE
Bank executives in lending and financial control, and in structuring credit products.
- What was deemed to have been lacking in Basel II
- New qualification for funds to count as Common Equity and as other types of Tier 1 capital
- Amount of Tier 1 capital to be held
- New qualification for funds to count as Tier 2 capital
- Total capital to be held and ceiling on the amount of that which can be Tier 2 capital
- Extra buffer for different levels of GSIFI – Global Systemically Important Financial Institutions
- Counter-cyclical buffer – to be imposed by national regulators in times of high credit growth
- What are all the above measures a percentage of? Answer: Risk-Weighted Assets
- Permissible Risk-weighting methodologies
- Overall leverage ratio to control very aggressive Risk-weighting methodologies
- Headline issues addressed in condensed form
- Sets Basel III in the context of both Basel I and II and the financial crisis
- Based around a formal management consulting analysis
Price and Condensed Agenda:
The cost of this course delivered in-house is £2,000 plus expenses, plus VAT if applicable.
Please refer to our Standard Terms and Conditions.
Click here to download the condensed agenda for this course: Download here
Go back to International Banking